4/22/20 EMAIL – COSTUME HAND OUT DAY This Sun 4/26!
Dear MKS Students & Families,
My family and I spent this past weekend preparing the costumes for pick up and determining a new procedure for this year’s unique circumstances. We are looking at the weather as we plan our costume handing out day, and there is a lot of rain predicted for the week ahead. Sunday looks like it will be our best day. Here is our plan, weather permitting:
– COSTUME PICK UP PROCEDURE
Sunday, April 26
10am-1pm Families with Last Name beginning with letters A-L
2-5pm Families with Last Name beginning with letters M-Z
We will have the costumes outside lined up in alphabetical/numerical order on the sidewalk. We have numbered each student’s costume to expedite the process.
1. Please clearly and in BOLD, write the number of each student in your family on a piece of paper and have this paper visible on the passenger side of your vehicle.
2. Pull into the studio parking lot and stop at the sign – Someone will radio your number(s) to the runners.
Please see the attached DIAGRAM for the pathway – Attachment: CostumePickUpDiagram.pdf
3. Loop around to the sidewalk & open your trunk – Runners will put your items into your trunk. All runners will be wearing face masks & will be practicing social distancing with one another, our students, and MKS families.
– OTHER NOTES REGARDING COSTUME PICK UP
There are some students whose costumes are not in yet (NIY) or part of their costumes are not in yet. This is noted along with the expected ship date next to their name in the attached lists above. Please note that ship dates may change. We will contact you once your costumes are in and ready for pick up.
If you need to come during the opposite time frame (either earlier or later on Sunday), please give us a call by Saturday to let us know, and we can have your costume out and ready on Sunday at the proper time.
If you are unable to come on Sunday at all, we are scheduling an additional costume pick up time on Thurs 4/30 from 4-7pm if needed. We are asking that everyone who is able, please come on Sunday.
Costume Information Sheets will be available exclusively online this year and will be available with your student’s recording day/time soon. Details will be listed on the sheets, and we will email out the link to the pdf’s once they are on our website. We will be flexible regarding additional needed items (tights, shoes, etc.).
· – OPENING & TRYING ON COSTUMES at HOME
Once you get home, please very carefully open the costume – SAVING & MAINTAINING THE INTEGRITY OF THE PACKAGING! If exchanges are absolutely necessary, we will need to send the costume back in the original packaging.
Please have students try on costumes. We know that all costumes may not fit perfectly. We want to make the best of our situation and maintain social distancing as well as possible, so we want to keep the amount of exchanges needed to the absolute bare minimum.
– If a costume is too large in some places, it can be an easy fix with safety pins or minor sewing.
– If a costume is way too small/tight, please let us know. We can chat with you (via video if needed) to see what is needed.
– If there are any minor issues that you can remedy, thank you for doing that.
– Please let us know if there are any major concerns with the costume(s) you receive. We will do our best to help one way or another!
Please extend grace to us as we navigate this new procedure. We are doing our best to be as organized as possible. Thank you so much, and we are looking forward to seeing everyone as you come through the parking lot!
Michelle Revelle & the MKS Staff