Jesus Reigns at MKS!
Dance Classes for 3, 4 & 5 Year Olds
We offer dance classes for 3, 4 & 5 year olds every day of the week but Sunday. We have a spot for you!
2019-20 School Year Classes
Online enrollment begins Early April 2019
All classes learn dance technique with emphasis on movement concepts such as time, space, and force. This teaches the students not only the steps but also the underlying qualities that make the steps unique! Students may also do improvisational dancing for about 5 minutes as a form of self-expression and/or worship.
Creative Dance/Ballet – Ages 3-5 Students in Creative Dance/Ballet classes learn the fundamental characteristics of movement through movement games and dance technique. Dancers will learn about time, space, force and music as well as ballet steps during all activities. This is considered a Creative Movement/Pre-Ballet course.
Tumbling – Ages 3-5 See Tumbling information below.
TUMBLING CLASS INFORMATION Ages 3 – Teen – Basic gymnastic tumbling skills are taught in a fun & safe atmosphere. Necessary flexibility and strength training ensure safe and proper progression of skills.
– A variety of mats including skill shapes, panel mats, low balance beams, and mini-tramp are used along with some rhythmic gymnastic apparatus such as ribbons and hoops.
- Special preschool sized equipment is used for the smaller sized child.
- Beginning students concentrate on basic gymnastic positions, forward and backward rolls, backbend bridge, headstands, cartwheels, handstands.
- Intermediate skills include 1-hand cartwheels, front and back limbers and walkovers, and roundoffs.
- Advanced options are available for those students ready to learn the front and back handspring.
DANCE CONCERT INFORMATION Children ages 3-5 perform in the Dance Concert at the end of the school year unless otherwise specified by a parent or guardian – please see the Front Desk.