Fri 3/13/20 – EMAIL to all 19-20 Families: MKS COVID-19 Update & CHANGED Spring/Easter Break Dates
Dear MKS Families & Students,
With the COVID-19 situation rapidly changing, we want to make sure our dance families are informed and updated.
At this time, we are remaining open. When the authorities of our local, state or national government deem that it is no longer safe to have local schools open, we will close as well. We are staying informed with the CDC and Public Health and following their advisories. We will be evaluating when it is safe to re-open and will keep in contact with you. This has been a very hard decision, but even though we may not be legally required to close, the safety of our dancers, families, and friends is our priority. We all need to pull together and do what we can to protect each other. This is uncharted territory for all of us, and like nothing we have ever experienced before. Here are steps we are taking for the health and safety of our community –
• Our water fountain will be closed. Please bring water from home (in marked containers).
• All toys, books, crayons, etc. will be removed from our lobby for now.
• Props in classrooms will be limited and disinfected each time they are used.
• Ballet barres will be wiped down by teachers after ever class if they are used.
• All lobby, classroom and bathroom surfaces (including door handles), will continue to be cleaned regularly.
• Tumbling mats will be cleaned regularly.
• We will try to limit partner interaction, hand holding etc. as much as possible in class.
• Student and staff hands will be washed or sanitized at the beginning of every class.
• If a child is coughing, sneezing or not feeling well in class, they will be sent home. What you can do to help keep our community healthy –
• If your child has a fever, cough or other symptoms, please do not come to class.
• If your child has had a fever of 99 or higher in the last 24 hours or stayed home from school, please do not come to class.
• Consider waiting in your car during your child’s class, to limit the amount of people in our lobby.
• If possible, do not bring extra family members into the studio to drop or pick up your child.
We will be moving our Spring/Easter Break from April (4/10-16 as originally on the schedule) to March – Mon 3/23 thru Sat 3/28. Please note that we will close sooner if need be. [A note for Monday students & families – we were going to make up a snow day during Easter Break, but I have realized since that we had a snow day built in that we did not use, so we will not need to make up that snow day.]
IF WE NEED TO CLOSE…
In the case of future closures, our staff has been researching, training and preparing to teach our classes online. It may take us a few days to implement this process and be ready to go once the time comes. We are going to do our best to help our students continue their training at home, give them something to do with all that free time, and learn from some amazing teachers and choreographers in the dance world as well as our own studio instructors. Each class will receive instructions how to access this platform when the time comes.
We are going to do our best to help and support our staff, dancers, their families, and our community in this difficult time. Our goal is to run our business the best we can, so our staff can support their families, keep our community members safe, and do our part to keep our economy running. Dance Concert routines will be videoed and sent to dancers as part of their online curriculum. For now, the Dance Concert is scheduled as planned. Hopefully our world is much more normal by then. We do not know what the future will bring, so we are taking this a day at a time and doing the best we can. We do know we have a big God who is not surprised by all of this, and we are praying for our world right now!
We appreciate all the support of our dance families more than you will ever know! Stay safe and happy dancing!
Michelle Revelle & the MKS Staff 636-978-3321